Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Alka-Seltzer Plus Day non-drowsy cold formula. (Citrus flavored)

So I was sick most of last week. It wasn't fun, but it did give me the chance to review Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold medicine, orange flavor. I'm also using this as my excuse for being so late in last week's review.
Anyway, I haven't had Alka-Sletzer since I was a kid, so I really wasn't sure what to expect, but since my symptoms were mostly headache, congestion, and sore throat I figured "why not?" I mean, that's exactly what it's supposed to help with.

Well, I have to say that it wasn't that bad. The flavor was actually almost pleasant. There was a nice orange taste and smell to it. Kind of like orange soda, but more orange-ey than orange soda. If that makes any sense at all. There was also the barest hint of a bad taste. Actually, it was more like the memory of a bad taste. A brief moment of a bad aftertaste without the initial bad taste, if you will. But it was barely noticeable. So the orange flavoring obviously does its work well.
It seemed to do the job well enough. Within a couple hours I'd stopped coughing and felt less congested. My muscles weren't as sore as they had been, and it helped me sleep better. (Keep in mind this was the "non-drowsy" formula. It didn't make me sleepy, but the fact that it reduced my other symptoms helped me to sleep better.) However, it didn't do anything for my headache. In fact, for the next two days I had a really bad headache that caused me no small amount of grief. But, since I only took one dose, I can't say for certain that the headache was caused by the Alka-Seltzer, and I'm not about to conduct any experiments to verify or refute the results. So I'm not counting my headache as a negative.

Bottom Line: It works. It's not a cure, by any means, but it certainly does ease your suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment