Sunday, November 27, 2011

Moving

I am not a big fan of moving. I tend to not like change in the first place. I often tell people that I have the heart of a crotchety old man. So moving is a big deal, and I do not enjoy it one whit.




You see, first there's packing everything up that you don't Sell, give to friends, or throw away. You never quite realize just how much junk you've accumulated over the years until you have to move it all somewhere else. And since you didn't realize you had this much stuff, inevitably you run out of boxes, which means that you have to get more, which can be a pain. Especially if you're still in college and you're moving at a time when everyone else is. At least I'm past that stage of my life.

Then there's all the time involved. I, at least always figure it'll take so long to pack everything up, and I'm always off by at least half, since I usually have to repack boxes frequently, unpack boxes because I packed something I needed, or I didn't have everything as organized as I thought I did, or I discover that clsoet I'd forgotten to empty out and suddenly there's that much more to pack. GAH! And none of this is even including storage closets for when you have to leave your stuff in one area while you got to another for an extended period of time but are still planning on returning.

If only it weren't so necessary. It's not quite as big a deal now that I have a career of sorts and we've got a pretty good landlord, but our current place is not going to be permanent. If anything it's just an extended break from the next time we have to move. If we're lucky, we might be here a few years, but once we do go, the cycle will start all over again. Sigh.

Bottom Line: I don't even know if I'm going anywhere with this. I'm just tired of moving, and I'm glad I won't have to again for a while. But I'm not looking forward to the inevitable next move. Whenever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment